Sunday, October 05, 2008

SASHA, Invol2ver - Nap Time


I basically don't have anything good to say about this record. It's a big bore. It's totally innocuous. It's every mid-tempo record you ever heard in every cocktail bar. He even managed to suck all the life out of the tear jerker, Arcadia by Apparat. The anthemic Destroy Everything You Touch from Ladytron is reduced to a bass blob of lite beer. I mean really. But at least I didn't have to turn it off, it is listenable if totally unmemorable. It's really sad. I still have such fond memories of the mixes that he did for Global Underground (still on GU) namely San Francisco and Ibiza. Northern Exposure 2, unstoppable. I'll even give him Xpander. Airdrawndagger, snooze-fest. Involver, restaurant background. Involv2er? I don't even think there is an album here.

No comments: